May 2008, My Garage

Archive for the ‘Projects’ Category

1977 Cimatti City Bike

Monday, June 20th, 2011

I’ve had this old Italian moped sitting in my shed or garage for about the past fifteen years, I decided a good Fathers’ day project was to tear it down and poke at it with aims to get it running well again, not exactly a restoration as I have no plans to paint it at this time.  I’ll update this as I do stuff but don’t expect quick progress on this little pet project.

See more below.

(more…)

Repairing the KLR Tank Shrouds

Monday, June 20th, 2011

When I bought the KLR back in July Josh included the old tank shrouds with the bike.  The only problem is they had been torn off a few times and were in pretty bad shape.  This weekend I finally got around to mounting them back to the bike.

Read more below.

(more…)

Giving the truck an Optima

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010

After some recent drama with a bad battery and no time to deal with the warrantee I ended up with a spare Optima Red Top. After a bit of thought I decided to toss it in the truck.

Read more below. (more…)

Getting ready for SoCal Fest 2010 – Part 3

Monday, May 3rd, 2010

First let me say I’m posting this a day late…  This was the progress for yesterday, Sunday May 2nd…

Almost ready to head up the mountain.  I’ve got the trailer loaded with my gear and the Jeep just about ready, all I need to do now is get a cheap voltage regulator to control the alternator (my Mobi-Arc isn’t being very nice right now) and the Jeep’s ready.  Then toss some clothes in a bag, fill my water bladders with clean, clear water, and get some food and drinks on the way out.

Sequoia

Getting ready for SoCal Fest 2010 – Part 2

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010

Since I worked late last night I snuck in a bit of time today to take care of my red Jeep’s suspension issues in preparation for SoCal Fest 2010.  As I was inspecting the front end I noticed the right coil spring was sitting differently than the left so I measured my wheelbase.  It seems I screwed up during my buildup for the Rockin’ XJ Jamoboree 2006.  I was running 101.5″ wheelbase on the left side (my planned amount) and 102.5″ on the right.  Oops!  So the first order of business was to adjust my TNT Y-Link radius arm out to get them wheels closer to where they ought to be.

After that I adjusted the tow in back to zero and the Jeep was happy again.  Clawhammer did punish my tie rod a bit, I was probably about 0.25″ toed in and my tie rod has a wobble now, oh well…  After taking care of the front end I started getting my gear together, now I’m about 80% packed and ready for the event, I just need to pack clothes, food, and some other small items and correct my intermittent charging problem and I’ll be set.

Sequoia

Getting ready for SoCal Fest 2010 – Part 1

Sunday, April 25th, 2010

The event is just two weeks away and I’ve got a lot of work to do!

Click to read more: (more…)

Jeniko Laptop Mount

Monday, February 15th, 2010

I installed a universal laptop mount today.

See more below. (more…)

Exhaust Manifolds Suck

Monday, February 15th, 2010

The truck’s exhaust manifold gaskets have been leaking for the past fifteen years (common issue with a Ford FE), it was about time I took care of this issue so I set in last week and, of course, ran into trouble.

Read more below. (more…)

Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio

Sunday, December 6th, 2009

Here is a post detailing the installation of the CB for the ninety six.

More details below.
(more…)

Pulling the ’96 Out

Saturday, December 5th, 2009

Just a couple of pointless videos here.  Me bringing the ’96 out of my work area and then pulling the red Jeep into it for storage.

Tip:  Go into full screen mode to see it better.

That’s it.